About SkillWorks › Goals
SkillWorks has two primary goals:
- To help low-skill, low- and moderate-income residents move to family-sustaining jobs; and
- To help employers find and retain skilled employees.
We accomplish these goals by investing in four key focus areas:
- Drive Demand. Support a more employer centric approach through new industry partnerships and business engagement strategies that streamline access to talent, develop responsive programs and improve employee retention.
- Deepen Capacity. Increase access to training and likelihood of employment by supporting practices, programs and providers that offer a continuum of service or partner with others to achieve a “whole person” approach and maximize outcomes for individuals served.
- Increase Employability. Invest in work readiness skills linked to work based learning for job seekers with a focus on youth to better position youth and young adults for employment.
- Target Impact. Link training programs to job quality, build relationships with employers that value investment in front line workers to lead to greater production, retention and positive outcomes for employers and employees.
In order to achieve large-scale, sustainable improvements to the workforce development system that we seek, SkillWorks also invests in three systems change strategies: